Saturday, June 14, 2014

Good Manners

 ''...think not yourself invincible, but consider that often a very wretch has killed a tall man, but he that has humanity, the more skillful he is in this noble science, the more humble, modest and virtuous he should show himself both in speech and action, no liar, no vaunter nor quarreller, for these are the causes of wounds, dishonor and death.'' - George Silver, Brief Instructions Upon My Paradoxes of Defence

"The real rebels to me always had manners. Elvis, you know, and Roy (Orbison), Roy was a true gentleman. And that's a scary thing in a man, do you know what I mean? A man that's so sure in himself that he can be polite."- Bono

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him."
- Autobiography of Mark Twain

1 comment:

Stickgrappler said...

Great quotes, thank you especially for the Bono one!

MA/TMA at some level teaches the student Confidence and they realize many Conflicts arise when the participants have no Self-Confidence.

Awesome! Thanks again.